Thursday, August 11, 2011

Interview with Naomi

Greeting, readers, and welcome back to the blog. If you remember from last year, I conducted an interview with our sweet Ny. Not wanting to show bias toward one kid over another, I thought it best to sit down, put on the mental telepathy helmet, and find out what is happening with our sweet #2.

DCG: Naomi, thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I hope you're ready to answer some questions.
NCG: Sure thing, Dad. Let's get to it!
DCG: Great. Ok, first question. What's it like in there?
NCG: Fairly dark, cozy, but a little hot.
DCG: You think it's hot in there? Try being in the real world. It's been 100 degrees for 6 years.
NCG: What's a year?
DCG: Never mind. Next question, what's the one thing you hear the most from the outside world?
NCG: "NYLA, NO!" And then crying.
DCG: I can certainly understand that. Your big sister is into anything and everything. Speaking of a big sister, what are you looking forward to doing with Nyla?
NCG: Borrowing your money.
DCG: Um...
NCG: ... and the car.
DCG: What...
NCG: ... and playing sports.
DCG: That's more like it. We'll discuss the first two when you're older. Any concerns with Nyla being older than you?
NCG: Only how upset she gets when I beat in HORSE...
DCG: Layin' the smack talk early. I like it.
NCG: ... after we knock you out first.
DCG: That won't happen. Speaking of sports, your thoughts on the NBA lockout?
NCG: Bad timing for the Grizzlies. They had a lot of momentum that got halted because no one can agree how to split hundreds of millions of dollars.
DCG: Solid answer. You've listened well. Now I have to ask, do you want to be a big sister?
NCG: Isn't it a little early to be asking that?
DCG: Yeah, well, you'll only be 15 and a half months younger than Nyla, so...
NCG:: I don't even know want to know, Dad.
DCG: Ok, so is that a no?
NCG: I don't have much say in that, do I?
DCG: Fair point. We'll just move on awkwardly. So, any idea who you look like?
NCG: Yeah, let me get the mirror out and see...
DCG: Is that sarcasm I detect?
NCG: Let me get my dictionary out to see what that means.
DCG: Why is it that my interviews with my girls always end up like this?
NCG: Because we have your genes, Dad.
DCG: That you do, Naomi. That you do. Well, thanks for the interview. I look forward to holding you in November.
NCG: Thanks, Dad. Tell Nyla to keep rubbing Momma's belly. I like it.
DCG: Will do.

Have a great day.

-D

1 comment:

  1. That is too sweet! I love the part about Nyla rubbing my belly and knocking you out in Horse, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete