Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Interview with a Baby

Not long ago I was privileged to be able to get an inside look at what Nyla was thinking. Well, with the gender reveal party out of the way, I figured it was about time for another look into the mind of a baby in the womb - this time in the form of a sit-down interview. My little girl was so excited to have someone to talk to, and I was happy to make her happy.

DCG: Ok, Nyla, let's get the big question out of the way now. The one on every one's mind. Are you in favor of expanding the NCAA tournament?
NVG: Absolutely not. Don't mess with a good thing. Keep it on CBS, too. And you know what, why not have the local CBS stations put more games on their other digital channels? Give the fans what they want!
DCG: (Wiping a tear from my eye.) I have never been prouder. Second question, I have not told you what to say, correct?
NVG: I am my own perrrrrrson.
DCG: You clearly take after your mother. Moving right along, describe your first 5 months of existence?
NVG: Dark, wet, and warm.
DCG: Any highlights so far?
NVG: That time you read Psalm 100 to me.
DCG: That's so sweet, but you're too young to butter me up. Let's just move on to the next question. Your thoughts on global warming?
NVG: Huh?
DCG: Exactly!
NVG: No, really, what did you say? I couldn't hear you.
DCG: I said what do you think of global warming?
NVG: I'm not here to talk about the past.
DCG: Since when did you hear Mark McGwire?
NVG: Who?
DCG: Never mind. Generational gap. How about a little word association? I'll say a word or phrase, and you give me the first thing that comes to mind.
NVG: Let's do it!
DCG: Power Grid.
NVG: I will dominate.
DCG: That's debatable. Anyway, Obama.
NVG: Nebraska city?
DCG: (Laughing) Brilliant!
NVG: Daddy!
DCG: Thanks, sweetie.
NVG: New car!
DCG: Um... no, not right now.
NVG: Cell phone?
DCG: Word association is over.
NVG: Can I have a pony?
DCG: No.
NVG: Do you know John Wall?
DCG: No.
NVG: Patrick Patterson?
DCG: No. Why?
NVG: You talk about them a lot.
DCG: They play for Kentucky. You remember, Kentucky, right?
NVG: Nope. You don't talk about them enough.
DCG: Is that sarcasm in your voice?
NVG: Prollies.
DCG: You and your mother...
NVG: Mommy! Daddy is talking about you...
DCG: Aaannnd that's all the time we have for today. Nyla, thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I look forward to our next conversation. And I'm looking forward to getting to hold you in another four months or so.
NVG: Me too, Daddy.

As you see, well, like father, like daughter.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment