Wednesday, June 23, 2010

And The Hits Just Keep on Coming

The saga continues... let's pick up where we left off. Monday night was a good night for all three of us. Ginny had little pain, and we both got a quality night's sleep. I did some work from home Tuesday in case Ginny had more pain. Fortunately, she felt better than Monday, and her doctor visit went well. Unfortunately, at around 8:00 last night, she had another spell of sharp pains that lasted for about an hour. She was able to fall asleep, only to wake up around 12:15 with more terrible, piercing pain in her lower back. She moved to our couch in the den, and I sat next to her until she finally dozed off to sleep. Of course I got little sleep, but I was not going to leave her like that. I managed to make it through the day at work (thanks in part to the heroics of Landon Donovan), and she did fairly well today. She had another hour-long spell this afternoon, but eventually she falls asleep for a little bit and wakes up feeling better.

We're starting to suspect, as do some of our family, that she is having back labor pains. While one might think that is good and means Little Giant Baby Nyla is almost here, on the contrary, these pains can last for weeks. In other words, if Nyla comes on her scheduled due date, well, it will be a long 4 weeks.

Ginny is such a trooper, though. She's dealt with these episodes very well. I'm just praying (and asking for you to as well) that this pain goes away, or that Little Giant Baby Nyla decides she's ready to see the real world.

With that, I'm out!

-D

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that sounds terrible! I hope Ginny can find some relief-whether that means the pains stop or little Nyla comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyla ain't so little, though. I'll have an update on the situation later today.

    ReplyDelete