Friday, August 13, 2010

1 Month Old


Checking things out!

Smiling at Daddy for her 1 month picture

Time is flying!
Dear Nyla, please don't grow up too quickly!!!

Our sweet girl is 1 month old today. I can't believe she's been with us for a whole month already. On one hand it feels like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and on the other hand, it feels like she's been with us forever.

We had her 1 month checkup at the pediatrician today and we got a healthy bill of health for Nyla. She measured 23 inches long (same as 2 weeks ago) and her head measured 38 cm (same as 2 weeks ago) and she weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds and 15 ounces. She's gained about a pound and a half since our last visit. I'm breast feeding exclusively, so I was very excited to know that she has gained that much, that means she's getting more than enough. I'm a very happy momma!

I loved the pediatrician we saw today. We've seen a different one the past 2 times and I've really liked her, but the one we saw today I like even more! She was the one we originally wanted to see, but was unavailable after Nyla was born. I may switch to the one we saw today and see her from now on. She spent a good amount of time with us and was very friendly. As a mom, you just know who you like and I liked her!

What's been happening this month:
She is feeding well, every 3 hours, sometimes less. She is a very efficient eater and usually takes She gets up only once a night, always has. It's usually around 3:30 in the morning, so we get about 5-6 hours of sleep in a row. That is so nice!
She is getting easier to put down. We are able to give her some more stimulation and we can tire her out a bit more between naps.
The miracle blanket really is a miracle! She sleeps so good with it, even though she may fight it in the beginning.
She is holding her head up when we hold her to our chest. It's getting stronger everyday.
She is beginning to smile a little more and that is so exciting.
When I hold her to my chest she pushes up on her feet to stand. She is a very strong girl.
She still has all her hair from when she was born, I sure hope it stays, but we'll see.
She is wearing 3 months clothes... already!
She is wearing size 1 diapers.
She's almost 11 pounds.

My sweet little girl doesn't seem so little any more, even though I know she is.




No comments:

Post a Comment