Tuesday, April 27, 2010

28 Weeks!

I'm 28 weeks, I can't believe I'm already in my 3rd trimester! My pregnancy is flying by.

We went to the doctor yesterday and got to see our beautiful baby girl again. They FINALLY were able to get all the pictures they've been needing of her heart. It only took 3 different ultrasounds over the past 8 weeks. I hope she is just shy and not stubborn!

Everything from the ultrasound looked great. She is getting so big! 4 weeks ago she was about 1 pound and 10 ounces, 4 weeks later (yesterday) she was 3 pounds 1 ounce. Wow! She is getting big fast! She is in the 73 percentile of weight and about 9 days ahead of the average. Our Doctor isn't concerned and said some babies are bigger than others. I knew we'd have a big baby though, I've been expecting it. My momma had 2 big babies. I was almost 10 pounds and my sister was just over 9, so I've been expecting an almost 9 pound baby. Looks like I could be right!

Some people have wondered if they've gotten my due date wrong. There's been no talk of that, so I'm honestly not sure. It would seem that they've gotten it wrong. I got my first ultrasound at 20 weeks and she was 5 days ahead of average then and was 5 days ahead 4 weeks ago and now she's 9 days ahead. So is she just big or is my date wrong? I guess only time will tell!

I still feel great and still have a decent amount of energy. I do have to rest a little more once I get busy doing my work, but that's normal, I am in my 3rd trimester. I'm really trying to pay attention and listen to my body. I don't want her to come to early. I do feel tired enough after lunch that I want to take naps. This is so unusual for me because I'm not a big nap person. I usually only want to nap if I'm sick or haven't slept great the night before. For me to think about napping everyday is very unusual.

Daniel and I enjoyed a nice weekend together. I'm really enjoying our last few weeks as a family of 2! It's finally hitting me that soon we'll be a family of 3. It'll be different when she comes, but I know it'll be great. The past 27 weeks I've really only thought about being pregnant and been in awe of being pregnant. I'm so thankful that I'm able to become pregnant. I feel so blessed!

It's starting to hit me that I'm going to be a mom. A mom! WOW! We're going to have a child who depends on us for life's essentials and more. It's a bit overwhelming and we've had a bit of anxiety because of this the past few weeks, it just takes some time to get used to the idea of becoming parents. Another life depends on us. We know it'll be an amazing adventure to add a child to our life!

We ask for your prayers for the next 12 weeks, for an easy and safe delivery with no complications and prayers over the years to come as we take parenting one day at a time. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you only have 12 weeks left!! That is so great! And I understand what you said about it being overwhelming to think of having another life depending on you. I think I would feel that way, too! But you and Daniel will be great, and the Lord will see you through!

    ReplyDelete