Monday, March 29, 2010

24 weeks and the dreaded sugar test!

Today I am 24 weeks and baby girl is growing like a weed!

We went the doctor today for a routine check-up as well as my sugar test to see if I had Gestational Diabetes. We also did another ultrasound because baby girl didn't cooperate last time, she refused to let us see her heart, but we got a great shot of her spine!

Well, good news I passed the sugar test. I don't have to go back for the 3 hour test to determine if I have Gestational Diabetes. Thank goodness! I was fretting the whole time. I was hungry and I knew the 3 hour test would be a nightmare for me!

We did get another ultrasound of Nyla, which is always a blessing. I love seeing our precious baby! Last time we went to get the ultrasound the technician saw everything but her heart and they need to see her heart. Her back was facing out last time, well it was the same this time. She is stubborn! She better not be like that when she is coming out. Momma will not be much fun!!!

The technician was able to get 2 of the 5 pictures she needed of the heart and said all those 2 looked great, but they have to have all 5 pictures. I go back in 4 weeks for a routine check-up and do another ultrasound. Hopefully she'll cooperate then. Maybe I'll drink some orange juice. I hear that helps get them going!

We did get another sweet picture of Nyla. She is holding her little hand up near her head and it looks like she is sucking her little thumb. So cute! I cannot wait to meet our sweet girl!

She is growing and getting big. When we went at 20 weeks, she was 13 ounces. Today they measured her and she is 1 pound and 10 ounces. That is a little big for her age, but the doctor didn't say anything about it and didn't seem concerned. I was 9 pounds and 13 ounces when I was born and Daniel was 8 pounds and 9 ounces when he was born, so... we're bound to have a little chunky baby! And that's okay, as long as she is healthy!

That is the update for the time being. Please continue to pray everything goes great, as it has.
-Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment